Nowadays, the big data problem is getting bigger and more difficult. As human beings, we want to store our moments, creations and work daily. Every single moment is precious. Every creation and work are also parts of our life. Entertainment is another factor that is strictly connected with our routine. All those are just some GBs, or TBs for some storing freaks out there! We’re getting out of memory. We are enforced to move onto another era called the “Cloud”. We’ve listed 5 of the most common solutions for you:
Storage for your photos and video
Google Photos seems to be the best choice to use as it offers unlimited storage for free. The only limit on free plan is that your photo resolution must be up to 16 megapixels and video resolution up to 1080p. Store all your photos and videos on the cloud. Free up space by deleting all data on your device after their upload. A huge amount if space is being now free on your device.
Storage for your files in general
If you want to move any kind of file from your device to the cloud there are a bunch of ways to do that. What is the best service that fits your needs? The decision is yours!
Some of the free subscription plans are:
• Google Drive offers 15GB
• OneDrive offers 5GB (Decreased from 15GB to 5GB on January 2016)
• Dropbox offers 2GB (By an additional 500MB each time you invite someone successfully in it)
Music Streaming Services
Why store some songs on your devices when you can have the music of the globe right in your hand? There are a lot of services that can offer you outstanding quality of sound and every kind of music. So start using them and delete the entire collection of music from your devices to free up space.
We are list below some of the most famous services out there:
• Spotify offer a free plan that you can access every song in the world. The only limit is that you cannot listen to Spotify on more than one device simultaneously, you cannot download songs for later (only online mode is accepted) and there are some ads at random during your next songs. Note that on smartphones you can only play your songs at shuffle mode. There are also some paid plans: The premium plan that costs $9.99 per month and the Premium for Family plan that costs $14.99 per month, but it can be used by up to 5 people in the family.
• Apple Music does not offer a free plan, except from the free 3-months trial. The paid plans are: The Basic Plan at $9.99 per month and the Family Plan at $14.99 per month, but it can be used by up to 6 people in the family.
• Google Music does not offer a free plan and their paid ones are the same as for previously mentioned “Apple Music”
Some other services are Rdio and Tidal. So if you are not satisfied with those above, try to find and compare the services more. Choose wisely.
Online applications for your work
In case you are working with documents, excels, presentations et cetera, you can use some of the following to solve your problem of having a large office package stored into your device. Free up space by deleting all those as you can have them online at any time.
Such services are:
• Microsoft Office online
• Google Docs
• Open Office Online
Some other useful services are the:
• Scannable by Evernote
You can have so many apps online that you can’t imagine! We mentioned before a whole list right here, check this out.
Connect with your loved ones without downloading any app
Maybe it’s the most extreme solution, but if you have big problems with storage, this can also be helpful. Facebook Messenger at www.messenger.com offers an online platform that is accessible to every device. Skype is also trying to be served as an online platform, as it has now a beta version at web.skype.com that is accessible to only some devices yet. Google hangouts is another one that has its own online platform accessible from every browser. Don’t waste your devices with unnecessary communication apps If you have big storage problems.
All of the above are just the most important. Feel free to share any other way or technology you know in the comments below!